Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Phil Collins - live in Tallinn and graphs

Hi Folks,

With following I would like to briefly describe the experience I had attentind the Phil Collins concert entitled "First Final Farewell Tour", which took place October 16 in Tallinn, Estonia.

When I find out about this concert I realized that there are almost no tickets (all tickets were sold out) and the concert was not advertized at all. Still we managed to get almost last tickets for his gig as me and my dad are huge fans of Phil Collins. Personally I love his music while in GENESIS and solo and also I love him in films as "FRAUDS". Anyway - we bought the tickets for the outrageous price (according to Latvian terms) - 80 bucks a ticket. Only one artist had tickets higher than that - and that was Vanessa Mae, that were selling out for double that amount.

Initially we thought that the tickets we got would be the worst and the placement would be bad. However when we arrived to the Tallinn Saku Hall we realized that we are sitting in a very good place and we have really good view to the arena. Here's the pic of the empty stage (btw I took all pics by my silly cellular NOKIA phone, so they don't look as good but still give impression).

When lights wen't off and the concert started it was great. The lighting was tremendous and the sound was superb.

I wouldn't go into details as I really can't describe the experience. ALl I can say that the concert was so powerfull, so energetic. Phil did great and especially his opening act when he performed solo on drums.

He did many of his old famous songs, including the one he got Oscar for. However he didn't sang several that I really waited ("Land of Confusion", "I can't dance", "Not son of mine", "Jesus he knows me"). Still the quality of the concert and sound was one of the best I seen and heard.

In light of my Phil Collins experience I'd like to recap my autographs that I have (or had) of him. Below are 3 autographs of Phil Collins all obtained TTM and I believe are authentic. Phil is a great signer. He always replies, if you send him a SASE.






My first Phil Collins autograph - signed CD cover. Look that his signature almost matches his style of the name on the CD. It's like the label of his CD is written by hand.



This is a signed FRAUDS promo photo, signed by both Hugo Weaving and Phil Collins.


This is my final autograph of Phil, a collage.

For those of you who also like his work and wants to get his autograph, you may write to him to England (enclosing the UK postage) to this address:

--------------------

Mr. Phil Collins
c/o Philip Collins Ltd
Alfred House 23-24 Cromwell Place 3rd Floor
London SW7 2LD
England

--------------------

Leon Off

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home