Friday, February 10, 2006

When will _I_ own a B.B.C.? --- SPARKS ---


Hi Folks,

Just a day before my birthday I called to my post office and they said I got a yeallow SASEwaiting for me there at PO Box. I was a bit confused as I always use white envelopes. My initial thought was that it's my friend Jerry sent me somethign that arrived to his mailbox.
When I got to post office it turned out to be autograph from band SPARKS. The envelope wastheirs and it's came from England.

The most funny thing was that I just sent my fan letter to their fan club a day before.
OK the mystery behind it is the following. During the previous week I went to their official fan site and left a message to them about getting autograph. I asked either for autograph to be sent to me or if they can provide information where to send my request. Actually I did had their PERSONALIZED autograph several years ago but it's got destroyed. And for several years I waited for the opportunity to get it again. I explained this to them.

Actually from their side I find out that they are on tour in the U.K. (I think they now live in the USA). So when I didn't got any reply from them by email I thought that I have nothing to loose except my patience and sent my request to their Official Fan Club address which I used several years ago to obtain their autograph.

So, now imagine my surprize that I got their autograph so fast. I believe someboduy from staff sent the message to them in England and they sent an official tour promo photo signed.Autograoh match the signatures I had before. However it was not personalized.
Well it's still a great autograph.

I like their music a lot. Especially album "GRATUITIUS SAX AND SENSELESS VIOLINS" with hit single "NOW THAT I OWN A BBC" which was fab in mid 90-s.
I don't know what will happen to my letter. I can imagine now that they may even reply to it (I sent couple of collages printed).

We'll see.

PS: Here you can see a BW autograph that I had and which got destroyed. Just for comparison.

PPS: You can contact SPARKS via website:
http://www.allsparks.com/
or by mail
c/o Sparks International Official Fan Club,PO Box 25038,Los Angeles, California 90025,USA

Take care,

Smitty

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home