Thursday, June 29, 2006

2 PPs today: one is worth posting, though...

Hi Folks,

Today 2 SASEs arrived to me and at first excited, upon looking for postmarks I was quickly depressed. Both were postmarked SANTA CLARITA so nothing good to expect, although sometimes it happens to be not so bad.

1st - from the look it was something cool (as address was written in RED - I usually mark that big names). I opened it up and there was a 3 my pictures of Michael Douglas UNSIGNED along with crappy SFM PREPRINT.
What bugged me that I sent a letter to a film set (KING OF CALIFORNIA) and I was sure it should have been a hit. Especially since Michael did signed last year for many people (I was so skeptical so I missed that opportunity even know I had all details upfront).
And now - such a crappy (I can't find another word) preprint. Especially since I already have same. That's such a big misfortune that even don't worth posting scan of.


2nd - Came not in my SASE (but with my address), but also with the dreaded SANTA CLARITA postmark. I already had a bad feeling about it. Well. Sometimes it's not that bad.
Even though it's what I can consider failure, but it's still a good reply. (tell you later why).
I opened up the envelope and find inside:

JOHNNY DEPP!!!

10x8

COLOR

GORGEOUS

....... PP or Autopen (in silver)

I must admit the photo is extremely gorgeous and extremely good quality I am surprized. Never seen such before.
But in any case it's a PP. Emulating silver signature Johnny Depp's PP. I seen such before. Just never seen such cool photo.

I have to say that I have sent about 15 requests to Johnny Depp this year alone (letters, emails, faxes) so I don't even know which one has worked out. Plus I sent may be 10 last year. Partly I am actually happy with that success, as after loosing my AUTHENTIC Johnny Depp autograph from 5 years ago, I tried lot's of times and despite people getting at least PPs and AUTOPENS from different PIRATES addys etc I didn't get a shit. So this time I got at least a PrePrint.

Well, in any case I would say that it's not such crappy failure as Michael Douglas as I didn't paid the postage and the quality of PP is one of the best I ever seen. Besides I can touch up the photo, remove the signature and print my own pictures.

Still pretty ironic. I will continue the quest for Johnny Depp until I get the real one.

Cheers,

Leon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home